Stuff How I See It

Search The Web

View Sean Leary's check-ins on GetGlue
Blog-O-Vision
ChaoSpirals-brother Matt
American Gojira-Our man Ted in Japan
Daily Marinations-Jason G's thought for the day
Valerie-Artist friend
Publick Nuisance-Jackson Publick-Venture Bros.

Links Galore
Apple Computers
Search Google!!
[adult swim]
West Memphis Three
IMDB
PayPal
Fark NEWS!
Guinness: The Irish Legend

Donations Accepted

My music ::DJ Mugzy::
Find me on MySpace and be my friend!

Monday, March 03, 2003


It's Snowing here, again. It's as if I'm cursed with snow and my car is unhappy with that. And the odd thing is that up here they don't do much to clear the snow, whereas back in Ohio, where we don't get anywhere near as much snow, they are always on top of the snow. I understand it's a smaller city but they get shitloads of snow. But I made it home tonight. Anyway, it was another day at the salt mine, and I do mean 'mine' because I was in the downstairs back room and it was cold as hell all day. I had to scan books to sell off to Follett. But, hey, I processed more than 510 titles. I at least got to get away from it for a bit during this afternoon while the server was deleting files. So I took my lunch at Subway, had their new Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki. Not too bad, and low in fat! When I got back the damn thing still hadn't finished, but that was ok, that just meant I could sit at the info desk for a little while without any flack. And now I'm going to do some old fashion work venting like you all are used to. Today one of the office ladies came out of the bathroom and stopped by the desk and said, "You know, all the mindless chatter that goes on over here during the afternoon, it's enough to drive me crazy." WTF I say, sorry that there isn't much to do right now and we get all of our work done, on time, if not early and no one has anything pressing to be done. When Ryan or Bob give me something to give the employees, they get it and they do it. If I have something that I have to get done, I do it and get it done! If she has stuff for us to do, then fine, give it to us. I'm a freaking supervisor, I supervise, if they want more, they need to pay more, I already do above and beyond since this store is in the stone age it seems. All the practices are outdated and they don't even use a Point-of-sale system. That means, each thing sold is sold without a record of it. Only a final $ amount. Inventory is never right, even when we take inventory, it's not right. The store stays open, textbooks stays open, and we count all the books in Alphabetical Author order, on paper, by hand. At least the course #'s are on the sheets we use. Then, to make matters, not worse, but more odd (if that could happen here), I had to make a 'map' of the shelf tags. I was given a printout which was made up of every book in Department/Course/Section order and I had to go around to all the shelves and make note of what 'Bin' (all the shelves, set up warehouse style, are divided into 4ft sections, each with a #), and what shelf ('A-?', depends on the on how many shelves there are) of each shelf tag in the entire store. At least we use one tag per class, but still. It would be so much easier if we used a multiple tag setup, went to POS, and lowered prices by maybe only a few dollars, but at least attempt to be the off-campus competition, rather than just another store to buy your books at! Well, that's all I'll rant about right now. Well, the snow still falls and I may have to get some smokes, but it's cold out there. So wherever you are out there, stay warm.

seen this way @ 8:55 PM EST by Sean

Archives

  
03.01   
06.01   
07.01   
08.01   
09.01   
10.01   
11.01   
12.01   
02.02   
03.02   
04.02   
05.02   
06.02   
07.02   
08.02   
10.02   
11.02   
12.02   
02.03   
03.03   
04.03   
07.03   
09.03   
11.03   
02.04   
03.04   
05.04   
12.04   
03.05   
04.05   
05.05   
06.05   
01.06   
10.06   
03.07   
04.07   
07.07   
01.08   
02.08   
03.08   
10.08   
11.08   
02.09   
04.09   
05.09   
06.09   
11.09   
06.10   
11.11


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Site Meter